Hours + Admission
MUSEUM HOURS + ADMISSION
The Museum is open to the general public from Thursday to Monday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm; the Museum is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
The Museum is closed on the Easter Sunday, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Years Day holidays.
Museum Admission fees are:
- Adult | $5.00
- Seniors | $4.00
- Family ( 2 adults and up to 4 children) | $10.00
- Youth (17 and under) | Free
- Group (one bubble of up to 6 people) | $3.00/person
The Canmore Museum Archives is currently accessible to the public online and by appointment. For more information please email or call Archives staff to set up an appointment.
Visitor Services + Amenities + Location
Museum staff are on hand to help guide your paths as your explore our museum, community and the natural landscapes around us.
For further information about Canmore, please contact Visitor + Membership Services at (403) 678-2462 x 4 or by email.
- Our Museum Shop offers a curated collection of books, gifts, jewelry and locally made art which represents Canmore’s culture, history and landscapes.
- Free barrier-free public washrooms.
- Free public WiFi.
- Picnic facilities are located in the Rotary Friendship Park, immediately behind the museum.
- A number of excellent coffee shops, restaurants, and shops are located nearby. Visit the Tourism Canmore + Kanaskis website to explore the variety of shopping, restaurants, accommodations and services that our community and region has to offer.
LOCATION + PARKING
The Canmore Museum is located at 902B 7th Avenue, Canmore, Alberta. Free street parking and surface lot parking are available nearby.
COVID-19 + Visitor Safety
COVID-19 + VISITOR SAFETY
We take the safety and comfort of our visitors and our staff seriously. To ensure the health and safety our visitors and our staff, we ask all of our visitors to …
- Consider wearing masks and practice physical distancing in all indoor spaces.
- Utilize hand santization stations are located at the entrance to the Canmore Museum and throughout the Gallery spaces.
- Visit the Canmore Museum on another day if they are experiencing or exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Be respectful of one another in museum spaces.
Need assistance planning your visit to Canmore? Have special needs? Please contact one of our friendly Visitor + Membership Services staff and they will be happy to assist you by providing recommendations for accommodation, restaurants, attractions and activities tailored to your needs and interests.