COVID-19 + Visitor Safety
COVID-19 + VISITOR SAFETY
We take the safety and comfort of our visitors and our staff seriously. The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) has approved Canmore Kananaskis as a Safe Travels Destination. The Safe Travels stamp allows travellers to easily recognize destinations and tourism businesses around the world that have adopted globally standardized health and hygiene protocols to ensure visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience. The Cannmore Museum is participating attraction.
As a result a number of safety measures have been put into place to ensure the ongoing health and wellness of our guests and team. These include:
- The Canmore Muserum is welcoming guests on a drop-in basis.
- Visitors will be required to prescreen for COVID-19 symtoms and to provide contact tracing information on entering the Museum.
- Visitors are encouraged to wear masks while indoors and to use the sanitizing stations as they move through the museum facility during their visit.
Hours + Admission
MUSEUM HOURS + ADMISSION
The Museum is open to the general public Thursday to Monday; the Museum is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays
The Museum is closed on the Easter Sunday, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Years Day holidays.
Museum Admission fees are:
- Adult | $5.00
- Seniors | $4.00
- Family ( 2 adults and up to 4 children) | $10.00
- Youth (17 and under) | Free
- Group (one bubble of up to 6 people) | $3.00/person
The Canmore Museum Archives is currently accessible to the public online and by appointment. For more information please email or call Archives staff to set up an appointment.
Visitor Services + Amenities + Location
Museum staff are on hand to help guide your paths as your explore our museum, community and the natural landscapes around us.
For further information about Canmore, please contact Visitor + Membership Services at (403) 678-2462 x 4 or by email.
- Our Museum Shop offers a curated collection of books, gifts, jewelry and locally made art which represents Canmore’s culture, history and landscapes.
- Free barrier free public washrooms.
- Free public WiFi.
- Picnic facilities are located in the Rotary Friendship Park, immediately behind the museum.
- A number of excellent coffee shops, restaurants, and shops are located nearby. Visit the Tourism Canmore + Kanaskis website to explore the variety of shopping, restaurants, accommodations and services that our community and region has to offer.
LOCATION + PARKING
The Canmore Museum is located at 902B 7th Avenue, Canmore, Alberta. Free street parking and surface lot parking are available nearby.
Need assistance planning your visit to Canmore? Have special needs? Please contact one of our friendly Visitor + Membership Services staff and they will be happy to assist you by providing recommendations for accommodation, restaurants, attractions and activities tailored to your needs and interests.