COVID-19 + Visitor Safety
COVID-19 + VISITOR SAFETY
We take the safety and comfort of our visitors and our staff seriously. As a result a number of safety measures have been put into place to ensure the health and wellness of our guests and team. These include:
- The Canmore Museum is admitting guests on a drop-in basis, with a capacity of 6 visitors in the Discovery Hall and 4 visitors in the Museum Shop. Visitors may have to wait to enter either of these spaces as a result; visitors will will be provided with an opportunity to explore the museum’s collections and exhibits using their smart devices if they are asked to wait.
- Visitors will be required to prescreen and provide contact tracing information using our online survey just before entering the Museum.
- Visitors are required to wear masks at all times, to frequently use the sanitizing stations as they move through the museum facility during their visit, and to adhere to 2 metre/6 foot social distancing guidelines outlined by Alberta Health Services during their visit.
- Payment for admission and Museum Shop merchandise is made through our contactless payment system only; cash is not being accepted at this time.
Hours + Admission
MUSEUM HOURS + ADMISSION
The Museum is open to the general public Thursday to Sunday 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM; the Museum is closed Monday to Wednesday.
The Museum is open exclusively to Museum Members on Mondays with pre-booking; members can call Visitor + Member Services at (403) 678-2462 x 3 to book your visit.
The Museum is closed on the Easter Sunday, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Years Day holidays.
Museum Admission fees are:
- Adult | $5.00
- Seniors | $4.00
- Family ( 2 adults and up to 4 children) | $10.00
- Youth (17 and under) | Free
- Group (one bubble of up to 6 people) | $3.00/person
The Canmore Museum Archives is currently accessible to the public online and by appointment. For more information please email or call Archives staff to set up an appointment.
Visitor Services + Amenities + Location
Museum staff are on hand to help guide your paths as your explore our museum, community and the natural landscapes around us.
For further information about Canmore, please contact Visitor + Membership Services at (403) 678-2462 x 4 or by email.
- Our Museum Shop offers a curated collection of books, gifts, jewelry and locally made art which represents Canmore’s culture, history and landscapes.
- Free barrier free public washrooms.
- Free public WiFi.
- Picnic facilities are located in the Rotary Friendship Park, immediately behind the museum.
- A number of excellent coffee shops, restaurants, and shops are located nearby. Visit the Tourism Canmore + Kanaskis website to explore the variety of shopping, restaurants, accommodations and services that our community and region has to offer.
LOCATION + PARKING
The Canmore Museum is located at 902B 7th Avenue, Canmore, Alberta. Free street parking and surface lot parking are available nearby.
Need assistance planning your visit to Canmore? Have special needs? Please contact one of our friendly Visitor + Membership Services staff and they will be happy to assist you by providing recommendations for accommodation, restaurants, attractions and activities tailored to your needs and interests.