COVID-19 + Visitor Safety
COVID-19 + VISITOR SAFETY
We take the safety and comfort of our visitors and our staff seriously. As a result a number of safety measures have been put into place to ensure the health and wellness of our guests and team. These include:
- The NWMP Barracks is admitting guests on a drop-in basis, with a capacity of one group (or bubble) in the building at a time. Visitors may have to wait to enter either of these spaces as a result.
- Visitors will be required to prescreen and provide contact tracing information using our online survey just before entering the Barracks.
- Visitors are required to wear masks at all times, to frequently use the sanitizing stations as they move through the museum facility during their visit, and to adhere to 2 metre/6 foot social distancing guidelines outlined by Alberta Health Services during their visit.
- Payment Barracks Shop merchandise is made through our contactless payment system only; cash is not being accepted at this time.
Hours + Admission
BARRACKS HOURS + ADMISSION
From May 15 to September 7, 2020, the NWMP Barracks is open to the general public daily from 12:00 – 4:30 PM; the Barracks is closed Tuesday. The Museum is open exclusively to Museum Members on Mondays with pre-booking.
From September 12 to October 12, the Barracks are open Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 to 4:30 pm.
From October 13 to May 14, the Barracks is closed to the public except for programs and events.
Barracks Admission is by donation.
The Canmore Museum Archives is currently accessible to the public online and by appointment. For more information please email or call Archives staff to set up an appointment.
Visitor Services + Amenities + Location
Barracks staff are on hand to help guide your paths as your explore our museum, community and the natural landscapes around us.
For further information about Canmore, please contact Visitor + Membership Services at (403) 678-2462 x 4 or by email.
- Our Barracks Shop offers a curated collection of books, gifts, and locally made art which represents the history, culture and landscapes of Canmore and the Bow Valley.
- Free barrier free public washrooms.
- Free public WiFi.
- Picnic facilities are located on the NWMP Barracks grounds.
- A number of excellent coffee shops, restaurants, and shops are located nearby. Visit the Tourism Canmore + Kanaskis website to explore the variety of shopping, restaurants, accommodations and services that our community and region has to offer.
LOCATION + PARKING
The Canmore Museum is located at 609 8th Street, Canmore, Alberta. Free street parking and surface lot parking are available nearby.
Need assistance planning your visit to Canmore? Have special needs? Please contact one of our friendly Visitor + Membership Services staff and they will be happy to assist you by providing recommendations for accommodation, restaurants, attractions and activities tailored to your needs and interests.