You can enrich your student’s in-class education with an unforgettable experience at the Canmore Museum or the Canmore NWMP Barracks. Our interactive interpreter-led programs will appeal to the varied interests and learning styles of your students.
BOOKING A PROGRAM + PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT
BOOKING, FEES + PAYMENT
BOOKING YOUR PROGRAM
Teachers can book an education program or a self-conducted visit to our Discovery Hall or the Canmore NWMP Barracks online. Educators will be able to select from available dates and times directly by clicking on the program description above. Additional information about each program, including curriculum linkages and teacher manuals (as applicable), can also be found by clicking on any of the above program descriptions. If you need assistance, please call Program Services at (403) 917-1578.
Bookings are accepted at the Canmore Museum and the Canmore NWMP Barracks Tuesday to Friday. To ensure the health and safety of students and adult chaperones during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Canmore Museum is asking teachers to give preference for Tueseday and Wednesay bookings. Teachers and adults will also need to provide proof of vacinnation at the time of entry.
Our program fee for Museum Field Trip Experiences are $5.00 per student; teachers and adult chaperones are free.
BOOKING CONFIRMATION + PAYMENT
Once a program has been booked using our online booking system, teachers will receive an email confirming program booking details once the booking has been reviewed approved by museum staff. Once reviewed and approved, Teachers have the option of selecting payment online by Visa or MasterCard ahead of their visit or to be invoiced for payment the day of the program. A minimum charge for 12 students applies to all education programming, including at-home learning co-hort groups.
PREPARING FOR YOR VISIT
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- Mask Requirements: The museum requires all students, teachers and parents to wear masks while participating in education programs.
- Booking Availability: At present, the museum is encouraging teachers to book programs hosted at the Canmore Museum on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when the museum is closed to the public. As the NWMP Barracks is closed to the public with the exception of programs and events from September 7 to May 31, teachers can book programs hosted at the NWMP Barracks anytime between Monday to Friday with the exception of the Our Land, Our People, Our Stories program which is only available Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
STUDENT DROP-OFF + BUS PARKING
- Students should be dropped off in front of the Canmore Civic Centre. Your program guide will meet you in the foyer of the Civic Centre
- Bus drop-off is not available at the Canmore NWMP Barracks. Students will take a 3 minute walk to the Canmore NWMP Barracks.
- Bus parking is available in the downtown core in Canmore adjacent to Elevation Place located at 700 Railway Ave #100, Canmore, AB T1W 1P4 . See the map here.
SNACKS AND LUNCHES
- In the summer months, students can eat snacks and lunches inside in the Civic Centre foyer, Rotary Friendship Park immediately behind the Canmore Civic Centre; in winter months, the Canmore Civic Centre foyer is available for students to eat snacks or lunches; for teachers wishing more priviate lunch accomodation at the Civic Centre, arrangements may be able to be made for students to eat in the Civic Centre Classroom (subject to availaibility – will require booking two weeks in advance). Please book indoor lunch spaces as a “Program Add-On” when making your booking online.
- In the summer months, students can eat snacks and lunches on the grounds of the Canmore NWMP Barracks; in winter students can eat inside the Civic Centre.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you require additional information about or assistance about the Canmore Museum’s programs, please contact our Programs Officer, Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.